The Jersey Sport Foundation worked with Mailmate to create a series of six boards of inspirational Jersey athletes to hang at the JSF facility. We are hoping that these boards will inspire our athletes and show them that it is possible to get to the next level in sport even though they are from a small island. We chose a range of sports and athletes that we have been inspired by personally and who have been on the programme in the past.
- Zane Duquemin – GB Athlete in Athletics and former member of the JSF High Performance Programme.
- Will Golder – GB Bobsleigh Athlete and former member of the JSF High Performance Programme.
- Serena Guthrie – GB Netball star – currently playing in the Australian super series
- Matt Banahan – GB Rugby Player – Matt went through the ranks of Jersey Reds and became extremely successful internationally
- Beckie Herbert – GB Hockey Player – still competing on the world stage and participated in the 2012 London Olympics
- Liam Mcgeary – Previous Bellator Light Heavyweight Champion and ranked 9th in the World
We are extremely inspired by what Jersey athletes achieve every day and hope that our new boards can inspire the next generation of sporting stars in Jersey.